Account statements created with QuoteMachine help you collect payments from your customers.
Here's what statements contain:
- List of all the outstanding invoices (with links to access them individually)
- List of all Credit Memos that haven't been spent
- Ageing report (see help on how to add this into your statements)
- Payment button (optional)
- Your custom content just like with any other document in QuoteMachine (text, images, etc.).
- Custom columns to display specific data
Steps to create a statement
- Open the customer profile
- Click on the "Account statements" tab
- Click the "Create account statement" button
- Select the statement date (this date is the statement closing date), by default; it is today's date.
- Click the "Create a new statement" button
- You can edit the content and design of the template, if desired.
- The 'Invoice' section can be customized to add columns using custom fields you have created (see help on custom fields here). This can help you display important information to your customers.
- Use the edit feature, and then select which columns you wish to add in. See the photos below.
Click the "Send account statement" when you are going to email it.
- Click the "Send now" button once you have finalized your email
- The statement that has just been created now appears in the list of Account statements under the customer profile.
As soon as an invoice is paid, it automatically disappears from the online version of the statement.
*To learn how to send or print account statements in bulk, read this article.